2014 Kraszna-Krausz Book Awards
The Kraszna-Krausz Foundation revealed on March 6th the shortlist for the Book Awards for photography and moving image books.
The authors of the shortlisted books, will be competing for a £10,000 prize and the winners will be announced on April 30th at the Sony World Photography Awards gala ceremony, taking place in London.
The Foundation also annouced the recipient of the Outstanding Contribution to Publishing Award, Philippa Brewer, for her dedication to the visual publishing industry.
The shortlisted books will be on display at Somerset House from 1-18 May as part of the 2014 Sony World Photography Exhibition and they are:
Best Photography Book Award
- History of Photography in China: Chinese Photographers 1844-1879 by Terry Bennett (Bernard Quaritch Ltd)
- The Enclave, Photographs by Richard Mosse, by Anna O’Sullivan and Jason Stearns (Aperture)
- Sergio Larrain: Vagabond Photographer by Agnès Sire and Gonzalo Leiva Quijada (Thames & Hudson)
Best Moving Image Book Award
- Charles Urban: Pioneering the Non-Fiction Film in Britain and America, 1897 – 1925 by Luke McKernan (University of Exeter Press)
- Hollywood and Hitler, 1933-1939 by Thomas Doherty (Columbia University Press)
- Moving Innovation: A History of Computer Animation by Tom Sito (MIT Press)
History of Photography in China: Chinese Photographers 1844-1879 by Terry Bennett (Bernard Quaritch Ltd)
Image: History of Photography in China_1
Credit: © Terry Bennett
Description: Pun Lun Studio. Advertising collage of portrait photographs, 1870s. The photographs are from various studios, including those of Felice Beato and Lai Fong, but the majority include studio props commonly found in photographs from the Pun Lun studio.